Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stolen/On the Farm



V: You go to heaven, God's there, and he says what to you?
M: He says, "You got the wrong door."
V: And you say, "Boy, it's hot in here." So how ya doin'?
M: I'm pretty good.
V: And how's the girlfriend?
M: Came home and she had a tattoo of a cat on her arm. I go out of town for a couple of days and she gets tattooed.
V: Was it a real tattoo?
M: Well, that's what I wanted to know. But I inspected it, and it's just a wash-off thing. But they look like real tattoos now.

M: So what does (job) give you that nothing else can?
V: Work. A sense of community. A place in the world. Otherwise I'd be like the 7-Eleven bandit: I'd just be getting into trouble somewhere.

V: I remember when we were last working together and you'd say, "Was that creamy?" after accomplishing a certain task. How do you know if it's a creamy one?
M: It's when you get that kind of weird tingling up the back of your neck and something unexpected happens: You lose yourself, and it stops being about hitting your mark. It just has a natural rhythm all its own, it's a feeling of getting lost for a few seconds.

M: Basically, I'm just trying to go with stuff where I feel like if I take this journey, I'm going to grow in some way.
V: If it doesn't have that, we're back to robbing banks.

About Me

My photo
NintendoDS and pencils. That's all I need.