Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Monday Night Football

Christmas was loads of fun this year, and it's not just 'cause I was successfully able to cook the dishes assigned to me, and it's not just 'cause I got a Wicker Park DVD from my 14-year-old cousin.

It's 'cause although situations and atmospheres weren't close to perfect, things jived and everyone went to bed smiling. According to preachy books, and musical artist King Crimson, and Oprah, you gotta be happy with what you have. And what better time to apply that code of conduct than at Christmas. Jolly holy Christmas.

Aaand guidance counseling session over.

Gave The Mom an iPod, and the coolest Bang & Olufsen headphones and lots of other crapola used to fulfill the ultimate listening experience.

In true Parentals Gone Ballistic fashion, her first reaction after opening the gift was, "What crime did you do this time? Why are you bribing me?"

Love it.

Right now, I and The Cousins are watching NFL's Monday Night Football, which makes me dim the lights, sit quietly in the corner, reminisce, and shed a tear about missing the Rug league at home. Stephen, the team's El Capitano in Zobel's league, dubbed our Saturday Rug sessions as Monday Night Football in Alabang, which is rather puzzling. Hmmmm.

Meanwhile, it's pandemonium here. The Younger Cousins are sleeping here tonight and we've built a gigantic latag in the living room (where the Xbox is, of course) because we all have to get up early tomorrow. I and The Older Cousins maxed out our poor credit cards and chipped in to bring all the kiddos to Disneyland. Fun!

About Me

My photo
NintendoDS and pencils. That's all I need.