Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Whimsyland, thank you for all the things you have taught me, I love you

Do you guys remember Whimsyland? I used to hang out there every Sunday when I was a kid. Batang tambay ako dun, spendin hours, goin crazy over the most awesome yet extremely chezy games.

Whatever happened to Whimsyland? I've been wondering about this ever since Shang kicked it out of its prop.

I found out yesterday afternoon, on my way home.

And I hate to talk about it because it's just sad.

But I have to. Release. RELEASE!!

When I saw those arcade machines, I told myself that there's something eerily familiar with them. After a few seconds, I gasped, “Potek Whimsy!”

And true enough. The minute I stepped inside the area, I knew I was back inside the incredible place that served as a second home—no, sanctuary—to gazillions of kids all over town.

Whimsyland, the place that captured my heart, is now located inside the mall connected to the Araneta Cubao MRT station, the one that you have to pass by going to Gateway.

It's in the 3rd floor, isolated from the rest of the stores. Whimsyland, a childhood cornerstone, is at the third floor of a poorly kept mall, sufferin from bad lighting, stinky walls and floors, and amazingly sucky prizes.

I remember winning cool stuff like remote control cars, giant action figures, and walkie talkies from the old Whimsy. Now the top prize is a teddy bear, accented with medyo cheapo eyeballs and shaggy fur, and a suspicious grin reminiscent of Tinky-Winky of Teletubz.

I played a few games, and I felt like wow, I can't explain it, ibang klase. It was like I was back to childhood days. Me, alone, at Whimsyland, playin the exact same machines I played with a decade ago.

I won 57 tickets, and I got a Ninja Turtles pencil, and an eraser with an image of a cow, and the word MOO! on it.

Puwede.


My PE this sem is Wrestling. Grabe, ang saya. Seryoso, the best.

Immediately after Wrestling, I run to Spanish class.

I dunno why I wrote that.

About Me

My photo
NintendoDS and pencils. That's all I need.